RSS

Cooking became more fun when . . .

I follow the Gluten Free Girl on Facebook, and on July 1, she made this post:

Write a blog post by Monday night, filling in this blank: "Cooking became easier, and more fun, when I learned [...]. If you want to include a recipe, great. If not, that's okay too. I'll do a giant round-up post on Monday night with everyone's stuff.

Cooking became easier when I was no longer in a divided household (i.e. two gluten eaters and 1 gluten-free eater). My current household is two gluten-free eaters, even though I'm the only one that needs to be gluten free!

This makes everything loads easier, because we don't have to worry about cross-contaminating anything. If your household is willing to do this for your health and safety, I strongly recommend you take them up on it! It has lead to both of us eating healthier as well. Not only are we gluten-free, but we're now working on cutting out things like High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) and other unhealthy things.

We recently got our own ice cream machine (no rock salt needed!), and can't wait to try it out! We want to save up for the CuisinArt Soft Serve machine too!

Since there's only one place around here which is safe for me to eat out at (Cracker Barrel, believe it or not!), we've learned to make a lot more from scratch (and sometimes, gluten free box mixes).


Cooking became more fun when I had someone to cook with, who was willing to experiment and come up with recipes that were gluten free but still delicious. I don't have any recipes to share right now, but we are working on getting ours written up, with accompanying photos, to share on this blog. Eventually, we hope to put a cookbook together for sale as well.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS